Here are some things to keep in mind to keep shopping as it should be- fun!
Shopping Safety Tips
1. Don’t shop alone.
Shopping is always more fun with friends anyway, and there is safety in numbers.
2. Carry your cell phone and have group meet up times and places.
If your larger group breaks up into smaller groups, make sure that there is a phone in every group. Set up a designated meeting time and place knowing that security will be called if a group is late.
3. Don’t wear things that somebody would want to steal.
Just wear normal casual clothes. Don’t wear expensive looking jewelry that would be theft worthy and don’t carry a pocketbook that would be easy to grab.
4. Walk with purpose, like you are on a schedule.
If you look like you have spare time, you look like you won’t be missed for a little while.
5. Pay attention to what is happening around you.
Always pay attention! Be on the lookout for potential bad guys. If you get a bad feeling about somebody, you are probably right. Get away and find security.
6. Don’t carry large amounts of cash.
You can call to report a card if it’s stolen….
7. Park by a light, lock your car, and get your keys out in the store.
Look under and around your car as you approach, then look in it before you get in. Have your keys out so you can get
into the car quickly. If things look bad, go back into the store.
8. Panhandlers and people who approach you are most likely scammers.
These people mostly want to see the contents of your wallet so their friend can mug you later. They are generally professionals, especially around here.
9. If you feel threatened, find any store staff member or security.
Any store employee can call security, and any store would be happy to escort you to your car.
10. If you are in trouble, cause a scene.
Bad guys want things to go down quietly and smoothly. So if somebody tries to hurt you, yell, scream, and generally draw
attention to yourself.