Not only do our students have to do their kung fu sequence for their next belt, they also have to write down 10 things that they could have lied about but chose to be honest instead as well as to read a martial arts related book. Here is what Abe had to say about this.
1. About what I did at home all day.
2. Whether or not I had seven cups of water.
3. If I brushed my teeth.
4. If I exercized.
5. If I did my chores.
6. If I practiced Hebrew.
7. If I fed the cat.
8. If I fed the dogs.
9. If I washed my face.
10. If I spent the whole day staring at a computer screen.
And for his reading project:
ABE’S TAKE AWAY FOR IRON AND SILK
I took three things away from this book.
1. Know matter what you are doing one should always get multiple perspectives.
2. One can’t do what they are trying to do if they don’t keep doing it.
3. There is no chance of getting what you want if you don’t ask for it.